US supermarket giant Walmart has launched its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, making it available in more than 420 stores across the three states. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016. It was rolled out to Alabama and Georgia earlier this week.
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
- Nordic countries record surge in contactless payments during pandemic
- Google Pay to launch mobile-first bank accounts in the USA in 2021
This article is more than four years old