US supermarket giant Walmart has launched its Walmart Pay QR code-based mobile payment service in Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina, making it available in more than 420 stores across the three states. Walmart unveiled the mobile payment service in December 2015 and it went live for iPhone users in April 2016. It was rolled out to Alabama and Georgia earlier this week.
- Google lets US drivers use Assistant to pay for fuel with their voice
- Lloyds to let customers set own contactless transaction limit
- Emirates NBD records 34m contactless transactions during eight-week rewards programme
- Monzo lets customers link virtual debit cards to funds ring fenced for specific types of expenditure
- CBA: 80% of digital wallet payments in Australia made from Apple devices
This article is more than five years old