Singapore bank UOB expects that NFC mobile payments will account for 10% of all its card transactions by 2020 on the back of “swift adoption of Apple Pay”, according to The Business Times. Around 19,000 cards from UOB have been enabled for Apple Pay in just two weeks since the bank announced its support for the service in May 2016.
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay
- EBA sets new Strong Customer Authentication deadline