PARTNER NEWS: Mobile financial solutions firm Mahindra Comviva and mobile network operator Airtel Tanzania have jointly won the Global Telecom Business (GTB) Innovation Award for Airtel Money Tap Tap NFC Payments in the customer service category. “Airtel Money Tap Tap NFC Payments is the first-of-its-kind closed-loop NFC payments service that brings a paradigm shift in mobile money-based merchant payments, which so far were only performed using USSD and SMS,” Mahindra Comviva says. The service is powered by the company’s Mobiquity Money platform.
- Google promotes mobile payments in the US with $30 Spring Challenge
- Forecast: 1.4bn consumers will be using face recognition to authenticate payments by 2025
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
This article is more than four years old