PARTNER NEWS: Mobile financial solutions firm Mahindra Comviva and mobile network operator Airtel Tanzania have jointly won the Global Telecom Business (GTB) Innovation Award for Airtel Money Tap Tap NFC Payments in the customer service category. “Airtel Money Tap Tap NFC Payments is the first-of-its-kind closed-loop NFC payments service that brings a paradigm shift in mobile money-based merchant payments, which so far were only performed using USSD and SMS,” Mahindra Comviva says. The service is powered by the company’s Mobiquity Money platform.
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts
- Mastercard to build blockchain cross-border payments platform
- NAB to integrate receipts into mobile banking app
- Nissan to build RFID payments into all cars sold in Brazil