Customers of Canada’s TD Bank, Scotiabank and BMO Bank of Montreal can now make in-store and in-app payments using Apple Pay. TD Bank and Scotiabank announced that they would be supporting Apple Pay last month, but “the three major banks’ launch is coming sooner than anticipated,” says the Financial Post. Apple Pay launched in Canada with the support of American Express alone in November 2015.
- Google Pay streamlines user interface
- UK pilots new ways to provide access to cash in communities without bank branches
- Apple lets kids use their Apple Watch to make payments with Apple Pay
- Wearable payments specialist Tappy opens NFCW Expo showcase
- UK charities leverage open banking to cut donation transaction costs
This article is more than four years old