Africa’s Absa Bank has launched ChatBanking, a service that will let customers conduct day-to-day banking on social network Twitter. “In a one-time only process, you will register in a secure environment which will link your Twitter profile to your Absa bank account,” Absa says. Customers can use the service to check their balance, buy airtime or data and view recent transactions. Emirates Islamic Bank also launched a banking service using Twitter in April 2016.
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Transport for NSW to trial digital Opal card with 10,000 commuters
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday