China’s Baidu has launched its Baidu Wallet mobile payment service in Thailand, enabling Chinese tourists to pay for goods and services there with their mobile phone. “Travelers can use Baidu Wallet to scan the QR codes of the app’s partnered merchants and enter the amount they need to pay,” China Daily reports. The service is also expected to expand to South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
- Report: US retailers must pay a premium for Apple Card transactions
- German savings banks switch on support for Apple Pay
- Interflora lets customers use Alexa to order and pay for flowers
- Mastercard pilots decentralized digital identities
- PicWicToys lets shoppers skip the checkout lines