Millions of dollars in withdrawals and “hundreds of thousands” of transactions have now been made via Cardless Cash, the ATM functionality launched by banking and payment technologies provider FIS in January 2015 to let customers withdraw cash using their smartphone. US banks including BMO Harris, Wintrust, WSFS, Salem Five and Avidia Bank have installed the functionality in their ATM network, with others including Popular Community Bank and Oriental Bank deploying the technology this year.
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’
- WeChat Pay lets users charge in-store mobile payments to their credit card
- PCI publishes CPoC standard for accepting contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- Grab to issue mobile-first numberless Mastercard across SE Asia