Millions of dollars in withdrawals and “hundreds of thousands” of transactions have now been made via Cardless Cash, the ATM functionality launched by banking and payment technologies provider FIS in January 2015 to let customers withdraw cash using their smartphone. US banks including BMO Harris, Wintrust, WSFS, Salem Five and Avidia Bank have installed the functionality in their ATM network, with others including Popular Community Bank and Oriental Bank deploying the technology this year.
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday