Broadcom has unveiled an NFC controller with a new capability called Virtual Execution Environment (VEE) that “reduces HCE transactions to half their time, improves security without the need for a secure element and can perform transactions with the host off so users can still make a transaction when their device is powered off.” The new BCM20797 controller also features a smaller footprint, making it suitable for both mobile devices and wearables, Broadcom says.
- MintID protects precious metals with NFC chips
- Paachn adds NFC tags to face masks
- DutchPicks integrates NFC tags into guitar picks
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
This article is more than four years old