Broadcom has unveiled an NFC controller with a new capability called Virtual Execution Environment (VEE) that “reduces HCE transactions to half their time, improves security without the need for a secure element and can perform transactions with the host off so users can still make a transaction when their device is powered off.” The new BCM20797 controller also features a smaller footprint, making it suitable for both mobile devices and wearables, Broadcom says.
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than five years old