Broadcom has unveiled an NFC controller with a new capability called Virtual Execution Environment (VEE) that “reduces HCE transactions to half their time, improves security without the need for a secure element and can perform transactions with the host off so users can still make a transaction when their device is powered off.” The new BCM20797 controller also features a smaller footprint, making it suitable for both mobile devices and wearables, Broadcom says.
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday