Bluetooth low energy (BLE) beacons and proximity marketing solutions will drive US$7.5bn in spending by millennials in the US this holiday season, research from beacon network inMarket predicts. “In 2015, the top five product categories to benefit from in-store proximity engagements were deli items, over the counter medication, wine and spirits, non-alcoholic beverages and snacks,” the company adds.
- Westpac expands dynamic CVVs to Android phones
- UAE launches blockchain postage stamp with NFC authentication
- Paradies Lagardère expands mobile self-checkout to airport stores across the US and Canada
- Japanese banks gear up to test digital currency
- US grocery stores trial AI-powered self-checkout shopping carts
This article is more than six years old