Apple Pay has reached an agreement with China UnionPay to use its point-of-sale network to introduce the mobile payment service in China, according to Bloomberg. “Details of the agreement are yet to be finalized, pending feedback from banks that issue cards,” the publication reports. Apple is reportedly planning to launch Apple Pay in China before 8 February 2016.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot