Apple Pay has reached an agreement with China UnionPay to use its point-of-sale network to introduce the mobile payment service in China, according to Bloomberg. “Details of the agreement are yet to be finalized, pending feedback from banks that issue cards,” the publication reports. Apple is reportedly planning to launch Apple Pay in China before 8 February 2016.
- Antelop Solutions opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klip digital wallet goes live in UAE
- Digital payments specialist Dejamobile opens showcase in the NFCW Expo
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
This article is more than four years old