Apple Pay has reached an agreement with China UnionPay to use its point-of-sale network to introduce the mobile payment service in China, according to Bloomberg. “Details of the agreement are yet to be finalized, pending feedback from banks that issue cards,” the publication reports. Apple is reportedly planning to launch Apple Pay in China before 8 February 2016.
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
- Fidesmo Pay launches in Russia
- Google promotes mobile payments in the US with $30 Spring Challenge
- Forecast: 1.4bn consumers will be using face recognition to authenticate payments by 2025
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
This article is more than five years old