US startup Lisnr has secured US$10m in Series B funding for a technology that uses inaudible sound waves called SmartTones to connect devices. “It works like existing technology protocol Bluetooth, except Lisnr uses sound waves and does not require hardware or maintenance,” the company says. It is also working on making Lisnr the “go-to” technology for powering contactless payments, CEO Rodney Williams told TechCrunch.
- Samsung unveils ultra wideband Smart Tags
- Hyundai to let drivers use their iPhone to unlock their vehicle
- Samsung adds support for UWB and NFC digital car keys
- Vaccine credentials coalition to develop interoperable digital Covid-19 passport
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
This article is more than five years old