US startup Lisnr has secured US$10m in Series B funding for a technology that uses inaudible sound waves called SmartTones to connect devices. “It works like existing technology protocol Bluetooth, except Lisnr uses sound waves and does not require hardware or maintenance,” the company says. It is also working on making Lisnr the “go-to” technology for powering contactless payments, CEO Rodney Williams told TechCrunch.
- Kraft Heinz promotes cheese slices with tamper resistant NFC tags
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app
- McKinsey includes NFC tags in Mall of America technology showcase store
- German government adds iPhone NFC identity card reading to digital ID app