European mPos provider SumUp has launched in the US and has started taking pre-orders for a new EMV contactless card terminal for US$99. “The new contactless SumUp terminal has been specifically developed for the US and connects wirelessly to any smartphone or tablet,” the company says. The expansion comes after the company raised €10m in August 2015.
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
- European Payments Initiative issues call for technical partners
- Apple Pay goes live in Mexico
- SBI to let merchants accept contactless payments on standard Android NFC phones
- Russian carriers seek digital ruble mobile wallet role
This article is more than five years old