European mPos provider SumUp has launched in the US and has started taking pre-orders for a new EMV contactless card terminal for US$99. “The new contactless SumUp terminal has been specifically developed for the US and connects wirelessly to any smartphone or tablet,” the company says. The expansion comes after the company raised €10m in August 2015.
- Coffee shop rolls out face-based payments in Romania
- Manchester bar to introduce finger vein biometrics for payments, age verification and Covid-19 contact tracing
- Three in four US consumers now prefer using contactless cards
- Citadele adds support for contactless payments rings
- Mercedes to secure in-car payments with biometrics
This article is more than four years old