European mPOS company SumUp has announced €10m (US$11.2m) in funding from investors including BBVA Ventures and Groupon, taking the company’s funding total to €50m. SumUp plans to use the investment to increase its footprint into 15 countries, roll out its payment platform that encompasses a payments gateway, in-house hardware and operations systems, and to support the development of new services.
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
- Fidesmo Pay launches in Russia
This article is more than five years old