Electronic payments network NETS is planning to launch a host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments service in Singapore. “A trial for this will be conducted in the second half of 2016,” MIS Asia reports. “Called NETS 2.0, the initiative aims to enable consumers to make payments via their mobile phone’s NFC function.” The company began piloting contactless wristband payments for public transport in September 2015.
- Canadian credit unions add Google Pay support for domestic debit cards
- One in three Canadians make mobile contactless payments ‘on a regular basis’
- WeChat Pay lets users charge in-store mobile payments to their credit card
- PCI publishes CPoC standard for accepting contactless payments on off-the-shelf NFC devices
- Grab to issue mobile-first numberless Mastercard across SE Asia