US retailer-led consortium MCX is to add ACH payments capabilities to its CurrentC mobile wallet, using technology developed by Buy It Mobility Networks (BIM). “Using BIM’s technology, consumers will be able to connect their checking accounts to the CurrentC mobile wallet app and make payments at the cash register, table or pump at more than 70 brands nationwide,” MCX says. The consortium expanded its CurrentC beta to 150 stores last week.
- PBOC: Chinese consumers will be able to store their digital currency in both physical and digital wallets
- Coca-Cola gives away mobile wallet credits for ‘free Cokes’ in US restaurants
- Hong Kong to explore potential for digital HK dollar
- El Salvador makes bitcoin legal tender
- Timex launches wearable payments with Chase, Visa and Tappy
This article is more than five years old