Visual discovery app Pinterest is expanding its Buyable Pins, which let users make payments through Apple Pay, to more commerce platforms including Bigcommerce, IBM Commerce and Magento. “We’re also rolling out new Buyable Pins from Bloomingdale’s, Wayfair, DVF, Steven Alan and thousands of new merchants from our launch partners Demandware and Shopify,” the company writes in a blog post. More than 60m Buyable Pins have been activated since June 2015.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than five years old