Apple faces challenges in introducing Apple Pay in Korea after failing to “coordinate different opinions” over transaction fees with local credit card companies, including Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card and KB Card. “There is a big difference in technical issues as well, including fingerprint recognition,” Business Korea reports. The news follows reports that Samsung Pay entered beta testing in Korea this week.
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
- Banks to pilot biometric payment cards in India, Poland, Iraq, Mexico, Lebanon and Egypt
- Seven in ten UK debit card transactions are now contactless
- Survey reveals ‘sharp difference’ between consumer attitudes to CBDCs in emerging and developed markets
This article is more than six years old