Apple faces challenges in introducing Apple Pay in Korea after failing to “coordinate different opinions” over transaction fees with local credit card companies, including Shinhan Card, Hyundai Card and KB Card. “There is a big difference in technical issues as well, including fingerprint recognition,” Business Korea reports. The news follows reports that Samsung Pay entered beta testing in Korea this week.
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
- Apple Pay goes live in Israel
- Aion Bank onboards personal and business customers via NFC
- Porsche lets owners in Australia find, access and pay for parking from their vehicle
- Chinese banks unveil CBDC hardware prototypes for multiple use cases
This article is more than five years old