NXP engineers Franz Amtmann and Philippe Maugars have won the European Patent Office (EPO) European Inventor Award in recognition of the role they played in the birth of NFC. The pair were nominated in April for the prize which aims to reward inventors who contribute to technological progress and economic growth. Three previous finalists have gone on to collect Nobel Prizes.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than six years old