“From the beginning of next year, any new payment terminal that gets deployed has to accept contactless,” MasterCard’s head of emerging payments products Mike Cowan told attendees at the company’s Future of Payments event in London this week, TechWeek Europe reports. “By 2020, every single terminal will accept contactless,” Cowan adds.
- Malaysian government offers cash incentives to mobile payments users
- Indonesia begins EMV QR mobile payments rollout
- Visa to acquire Plaid in $5.3bn move into open banking and integrated payments
- Visa to let merchants accept contactless payments on Android NFC phones
- Samsung Pay adds ‘do not sell my data’ option for US users