Microsoft could be poised to enter the payments business after it emerged the software giant has applied for licenses to operate as a money transmitter in all 50 US states. Idaho has become the first state to grant a license to Microsoft Payments Inc. The company revealed last month it will include support for HCE mobile payments in the mobile version of its forthcoming Windows 10 operating system.
- WHSmith to accept online payments direct from UK customers’ bank accounts
- Visa finalises acquisition of Rambus’ payments and ticketing businesses
- Ahold Delhaize brings mobile self-checkout to US supermarkets
- Payments networks begin rollout of single buy button for online commerce
- Report: EU antitrust investigators are examining Apple Pay