Consumers could be able to authenticate themselves using brain wave and heart beat bio-signals from as soon as February 2018. The Korea Internet & Security Agency is to develop standards for the next-generation biometric technologies, and has set up a research committee which includes university hospitals and leaders from the telecommunications and biometrics industries, WhowiredKorea reports.
- European Central Bank draws up plans for digital euro app for contactless and QR code payments
- Washington Metro lets students add digital transit passes to Apple Wallet via NFC
- Russian banks pilot contactless payment stickers for iPhone users
- Qatar National Bank rolls out contactless biometric payments
- Bangladesh central bank pilots interoperable national QR code payments system
This article is more than seven years old