MFS, a joint venture between Telefonica-owned carrier Vivo and MasterCard, has expanded its Vivo Zuum mobile payment service to São Paulo, the biggest city in Brazil. The service lets users make in-store payments via USSD, pay bills, transfer funds between Vivo Zuum accounts, top up prepaid airtime and withdraw cash from MasterCard ATMs. Vivo Zuum is also available in Salvador, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre and Aracaju.
- Apple adds rotating security codes for Apple Card in iOS 15
- Entrust acquires Antelop Solutions
- Two in three consumers worldwide say Covid-19 has permanently changed the way they pay
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
This article is more than six years old