French railway operator SNCF has expanded availability of its NFC ticketing service to include the Alsace, Aquitaine, Haute-Normandie, Lorraine and Midi-Pyrenees regions. Launched in Normandy in October 2014 and developed in partnership with Orange and SFR, the service allows commuters to buy, manage and validate their tickets using their smartphone.
- Octopus adds travel info and P2P NFC transfers to transit wallet
- RTD Denver lets passengers buy tickets from within their Lyft app
- Snapper lets transportation users top up their travel card with their iPhone
- Tyne and Wear Metro launches mobile ticketing on Android phones
- Capital Metro pilots fare-capping service on transit app
This article is more than five years old