French railway operator SNCF has expanded availability of its NFC ticketing service to include the Alsace, Aquitaine, Haute-Normandie, Lorraine and Midi-Pyrenees regions. Launched in Normandy in October 2014 and developed in partnership with Orange and SFR, the service allows commuters to buy, manage and validate their tickets using their smartphone.
- Dallas adds bank card and digital wallet payments to contactless transit ticketing system
- Moscow Metro to roll out biometric ticketing across entire network
- Forecast: Global digital ticketing transactions to top 33.8bn in 2023
- Shanghai to let residents use digital health code to pay public transport fares
- San Diego switches to account-based contactless transit ticketing with fare capping
This article is more than six years old