French railway operator SNCF has expanded availability of its NFC ticketing service to include the Alsace, Aquitaine, Haute-Normandie, Lorraine and Midi-Pyrenees regions. Launched in Normandy in October 2014 and developed in partnership with Orange and SFR, the service allows commuters to buy, manage and validate their tickets using their smartphone.
- Transport Canberra to add support for card and smartphone payments
- Mastercard unveils plan to let transit operators use biometrics to identify passengers
- Calypso and OSPT Alliance to create single open standard for transit ticketing
- Miami-Dade launches mobile ticketing app that rewards passengers for watching ads
- Transport for NSW reports on contactless ticketing adoption