French railway operator SNCF has expanded availability of its NFC ticketing service to include the Alsace, Aquitaine, Haute-Normandie, Lorraine and Midi-Pyrenees regions. Launched in Normandy in October 2014 and developed in partnership with Orange and SFR, the service allows commuters to buy, manage and validate their tickets using their smartphone.
- Sydney integrates digital Opal card with rideshare services
- Delhi Metro lets passengers top up their transit cards at fare gates
- Central Maryland RTA adds mobile ticketing, fare capping and free transfers
- Office shuttle service adopts ultrasonic technology for boarding pass authentication
- Metrolinx begins contactless fare payment pilot in Toronto
This article is more than six years old