Swiss watchmaker Swatch Group is to launch a smartwatch that includes NFC and mobile payments capabilities and works with both Android and Windows phones, CEO Nick Hayek has told Bloomberg. “Swatch is in talks with retailers on its payment system, Hayek said, without naming them. The device will enter the market in two to three months.” Last month, Swiss supermarket chain Migros was reported to be working on a mobile payments service that would work in its own locations as well as other stores.
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
- Samsung brings its rotating NFC TV to the UK and USA
- AE Solar combats solar panel counterfeiting with NFC
This article is more than five years old