Swiss watchmaker Swatch Group is to launch a smartwatch that includes NFC and mobile payments capabilities and works with both Android and Windows phones, CEO Nick Hayek has told Bloomberg. “Swatch is in talks with retailers on its payment system, Hayek said, without naming them. The device will enter the market in two to three months.” Last month, Swiss supermarket chain Migros was reported to be working on a mobile payments service that would work in its own locations as well as other stores.
- Singapore adds face verification to national digital ID service
- Austrian gin maker authenticates limited-edition bottles with NFC and blockchain
- NFC tag supplier ShopNFC opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klang2 launches music memory game with NFC
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
This article is more than five years old