Broadcom has introduced an automotive-grade NFC controller designed to be built into vehicles to simplify set-up for mobile device connectivity and enable solutions such as keyless entry. The BCM89095 meets the special requirements of the automotive industry, which include extreme temperature tolerance and multiple sets of international manufacturing guidelines. The low-power chip supports reader/writer, P2P and card emulation modes.
- MintID protects precious metals with NFC chips
- Paachn adds NFC tags to face masks
- DutchPicks integrates NFC tags into guitar picks
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
This article is more than five years old