Tesco-backed UK coffee chain Harris+Hoole’s mobile ordering and payments app has now been downloaded more than 22,000 times and has been used by customers over 200,000 times since its launch in June 2014. “We wanted to make our shops feel as friendly and familiar as possible — like your friend’s place — so this meant developing an app and payments process that removed all the cold transactions,” the chain’s Danielle Anderson says.
- German savings banks add buy now pay later service to mobile payments app
- Mercedes-Benz and BP pilot in-truck fuel payments in the UK
- Credit Libanais to trial biometric payment cards
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
This article is more than six years old