Tesco-backed UK coffee chain Harris+Hoole’s mobile ordering and payments app has now been downloaded more than 22,000 times and has been used by customers over 200,000 times since its launch in June 2014. “We wanted to make our shops feel as friendly and familiar as possible — like your friend’s place — so this meant developing an app and payments process that removed all the cold transactions,” the chain’s Danielle Anderson says.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts