‘Contactless’ has made the shortlist for the Oxford Dictionaries’ Word of the Year 2014 but missed out on the top spot to the word ‘vape’. “As an increasing number of retail outlets have made contactless payment facilities available, the word itself has seen a corresponding rise in use,” Oxford Dictionaries explains.
- Mobile contactless payments now account for one in three card transactions in Russia
- Sainsbury’s lets customers ‘just walk out’ of contactless store in London
- Carrefour opens its first contactless store in Paris
- Westpac expands dynamic CVVs to Android phones
- Paradies Lagardère expands mobile self-checkout to airport stores across the US and Canada
This article is more than seven years old