Customers of the UK’s Nationwide bank can now see their account balance in real time on an Android Wear smartwatch. To use the service, customers need to log in to the bank’s mobile app and choose which accounts they want to be able to see when they use the Quick Balance feature. They will then be able to get an up-to-date report on how much money is in their account by simply saying “OK Google, start Quick Balance” to their Android Wear device.
- Shell lets motorists make hands-free contactless fuel payments at the pump with RFID
- US Department of Agriculture to trial NFC and QR mobile payments for contactless state benefits
- Samsung includes NFC, UWB and MST contactless technologies in foldable phones and wearables
- Apple Pay expands to Malaysia
- German football club trials NFC scarves that let fans access the stadium and receive special offers
This article is more than seven years old