40% of US and Canadian consumers have now used their smartphone to make a payment at a merchant location, up from 16% two years ago, according to Accenture’s 2014 North America Consumer Payments Survey. Millennials (52%) and high-income consumers (55%) are the most “avid adopters” of mobile payments, research based on responses from 4,000 consumers revealed.
- Japanese banks and card issuers join digital currency study group
- Axis Bank lets Indian merchants accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- South Korea to use QR track and trace apps to combat spread of Covid-19
- Samsung Money to go live in the US this summer
- Google pilots voice-based payments
This article is more than five years old