McDonald’s 14,000 restaurants and drive-thru locations across the US have begun accepting Android NFC mobile payments following a successful pilot program with carrier joint venture Softcard that began in 2013. The fast food chain is also accepting Apple Pay following the launch of the payment service last week.
- Crédit Agricole issues biometric payment cards in France
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
This article is more than six years old