Location-based shopping app Shopkick reports that it has driven more than US$1bn in revenue for its partner retailers since its launch in 2010, more than half of which occurred in the past year. There are now more than 7,500 ShopBeacon Bluetooth beacons live across 3,000 stores including American Eagle Outfitters, Alex & Ani and Macy’s locations.
- ST explains how NFC can be combined with blockchain technology to deliver smarter supply chains
- Las Vegas restaurant lets diners use QR codes to pay their bill with Apple Pay
- ST gains NFC Forum certification for high performance NFC and contactless payments reader
- Apple Pay now accounts for 5% of global card transactions
- Contactless payments set to triple to US$6tn by 2024