Location-based shopping app Shopkick reports that it has driven more than US$1bn in revenue for its partner retailers since its launch in 2010, more than half of which occurred in the past year. There are now more than 7,500 ShopBeacon Bluetooth beacons live across 3,000 stores including American Eagle Outfitters, Alex & Ani and Macy’s locations.
- Samsung cuts US support for MST transactions on new Galaxy phones
- BMW adds UWB to digital car keys
- Fiat Chrysler to let drivers order and pay for Grubhub food deliveries from their cars
- UK to trial digital Covid-19 immunity and vaccination passports
- Agricultural Bank of China pilots central bank digital currency ATMs
This article is more than six years old