Apple’s next iPhone will feature its own payment platform, “sources familiar with the matter” have told Wired. “In fact, that platform will be one of the hallmark features of the device when it is unveiled on September 9. We are told the solution will involve NFC.” Analysis of a leaked logic board by a MacRumours reader, meanwhile, adds weight to previous suggestions that Apple will include NXP’s PN65 NFC chip in the iPhone 6.
- Golden Goose adds NFC tags to limited edition sneakers
- Suncorp Stadium reports on NFC event ticketing adoption rates
- NXP combines NFC and UWB for mobile car keys
- CaixaBank uses NFC to let customers check in to flagship bank branch of the future
- Salvation Army adds NFC chips to Red Kettles