Five thousand NFC and QR stickers have been placed at bus stops in Rio de Janeiro to provide locals and visitors with up-to-date information on bus routes and times, as well as information on local tourist destinations and points of interest. The Rio Smart City service also offers information on current events, such as the Fifa World Cup, says supplier Connecthings.
- Pax Technology partners with Dejamobile to let merchants accept contactless payments on NFC devices
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- Survey: ‘Growing number’ of Europeans support creation of national digital currencies independently of EU
- Google Pay to go live in Israel this year?
- Nearly two-thirds of UK consumers would now prefer to make card payments from a mobile wallet
This article is more than seven years old