Five thousand NFC and QR stickers have been placed at bus stops in Rio de Janeiro to provide locals and visitors with up-to-date information on bus routes and times, as well as information on local tourist destinations and points of interest. The Rio Smart City service also offers information on current events, such as the Fifa World Cup, says supplier Connecthings.
- Digital greeting cards giant Evite adds contactless gifting
- Snapper lets transportation users top up their travel card with their iPhone
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- Tyne and Wear Metro launches mobile ticketing on Android phones
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
This article is more than six years old