An NFC-based solution to the growing threat of counterfeit wine sold worldwide has been launched by embedded mobile security firm Inside Secure and object identification specialist Selinko. The CapSeal system, using an embedded NFC tag and mobile app platform, allows consumers and traders to see whether a bottle has already been opened. Analysts say some 20% of wine sold worldwide is counterfeit, and up to 50% in some Asian countries, especially for high-end French wines.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Atac brings contactless transit ticketing to Rome
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit