An NFC-based solution to the growing threat of counterfeit wine sold worldwide has been launched by embedded mobile security firm Inside Secure and object identification specialist Selinko. The CapSeal system, using an embedded NFC tag and mobile app platform, allows consumers and traders to see whether a bottle has already been opened. Analysts say some 20% of wine sold worldwide is counterfeit, and up to 50% in some Asian countries, especially for high-end French wines.
- Snapper lets transportation users top up their travel card with their iPhone
- UBS launches sustainable credit card made from corn
- Tyne and Wear Metro launches mobile ticketing on Android phones
- OP Financial to pilot biometric payment card in Finland
- Stocard rolls out mobile payments service in four more European countries
This article is more than six years old