A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
This article is more than six years old