Taiwan Mobile has introduced an NFC bracelet that can be used to assist the elderly, and in particular those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease, should they get lost. When someone comes across a lost person wearing one of the smart wristbands, they simply touch the bracelet to their smartphone to send an alert containing the ID of the bracelet and their GPS location to a pre-set list of family, friends and relevant authorities.
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday