Canada’s CIBC bank has expanded availability of its CIBC Mobile Payment app to include owners of Samsung Galaxy S III, S4, Note II and HTC One Android NFC phones, enabling a wider range of customers to make NFC payments. The service was launched in November 2012 with support for Blackberry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones and expanded in October 2013 to include the Blackberry Z10.
- Penn State researchers develop NFC sensors that can be printed directly onto human skin
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
This article is more than six years old