Canada’s CIBC bank has expanded availability of its CIBC Mobile Payment app to include owners of Samsung Galaxy S III, S4, Note II and HTC One Android NFC phones, enabling a wider range of customers to make NFC payments. The service was launched in November 2012 with support for Blackberry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones and expanded in October 2013 to include the Blackberry Z10.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than seven years old