Okidokeys has unveiled a range of retro-fit smart door locks at CES 2014 that support NFC, Bluetooth and RFID ‘keys’ as well as parent company OpenWays’ Crypto Acoustic Credential (CAC) technology. The locks work in conjunction with a tag or a mobile app, available for both Android and iOS devices. The new locks will begin shipping in the US in spring 2014 with prices starting at US$179.
- Liverpool Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing for all home games
- Digital passport for thoroughbred racehorses rolls out in UK and Ireland
- Researchers unveil fabric-friendly NFC sensors that track tags, everyday objects — and people
- Canadian restaurants use NFC to track reusable food containers
- ST and Feig let manufacturers personalise whole pallets of NFC-enabled products in their packaging
This article is more than seven years old