Australia’s transit authority for New South Wales is seeking partners in the IT industry to develop an Android NFC phone app that Transport for NSW officers could use to interact with the authority’s contactless Opal transit cards. The app would be used to top up commuters’ prepaid cards and to issue penalties, ZDNet reports.
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
This article is more than seven years old