NXP Semiconductors has developed a new version of its PN544 NFC controller chip for Intel and MasterCard. The latest PN544PC controller enables shoppers to pay for online purchases by simply tapping their contactless card or NFC phone to an NFC reader built into computers using fourth generation Intel Core processors.
- USI to add NFC to active styluses
- Survey: 4 in 10 US consumers open to receiving offers via NFC, QR and SMS
- Huawei integrates digital yuan hardware wallets into Mate 40 NFC smartphone
- American Airlines pilots mobile digital identity system
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
This article is more than seven years old