NXP Semiconductors has developed a new version of its PN544 NFC controller chip for Intel and MasterCard. The latest PN544PC controller enables shoppers to pay for online purchases by simply tapping their contactless card or NFC phone to an NFC reader built into computers using fourth generation Intel Core processors.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than seven years old