NXP Semiconductors has developed a new version of its PN544 NFC controller chip for Intel and MasterCard. The latest PN544PC controller enables shoppers to pay for online purchases by simply tapping their contactless card or NFC phone to an NFC reader built into computers using fourth generation Intel Core processors.
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing