The NFC Experience at the GSMA’s Mobile World Congress will be expanded in 2014, allowing NFC phones to be used for venue access, catering and networking as well as “demonstrations of the latest NFC and products and services in applications including retail, online commerce and transport.” NFC badges stored on phones will again be used for quick access to the Fira Gran Via venue and, for the first time, to allow entry to the conference facilities in Hall 4.
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
- BYD to offer NFC keys as standard on all new cars
- NFC Forum formally adopts TNEP standard for bidirectional NFC data exchange
- NXP adds ultra-low power chips for eco-friendly smart home devices
This article is more than six years old