IT security firm Dexlab has released eCL0WN, an app that can read and clone data from an electronic passport using an Android 2.3+ NFC device. eCl0wn can read and decrypt the passport data, display details including the holder’s picture, and write that data to an e-passport emulator or the phone’s internal storage.
- Smart lets teachers log in to interactive displays via NFC
- Hyundai to add support for Apple NFC car keys
- Chinese researchers create highly flexible NFC circuits using transparent film based on calligraphy paper
- SK uses NFC to guide CES visitors to a green future
- Brazilian football club Atlético Mineiro lets fans authenticate special edition jerseys with NFC
This article is more than eight years old