IT security firm Dexlab has released eCL0WN, an app that can read and clone data from an electronic passport using an Android 2.3+ NFC device. eCl0wn can read and decrypt the passport data, display details including the holder’s picture, and write that data to an e-passport emulator or the phone’s internal storage.
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
- Long Island University rolls out NFC digital ID cards for students and staff
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
This article is more than seven years old