IT security firm Dexlab has released eCL0WN, an app that can read and clone data from an electronic passport using an Android 2.3+ NFC device. eCl0wn can read and decrypt the passport data, display details including the holder’s picture, and write that data to an e-passport emulator or the phone’s internal storage.
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
This article is more than seven years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday