IT security firm Dexlab has released eCL0WN, an app that can read and clone data from an electronic passport using an Android 2.3+ NFC device. eCl0wn can read and decrypt the passport data, display details including the holder’s picture, and write that data to an e-passport emulator or the phone’s internal storage.
- Liverpool Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing for all home games
- Digital passport for thoroughbred racehorses rolls out in UK and Ireland
- Researchers unveil fabric-friendly NFC sensors that track tags, everyday objects — and people
- Canadian restaurants use NFC to track reusable food containers
- ST and Feig let manufacturers personalise whole pallets of NFC-enabled products in their packaging
This article is more than seven years old