Windows Phone 8 users can now take better ‘selfies’ — and other photos — by triggering their smartphone’s camera from another device, using a new NFC app. The TapShoot app must be installed on both phones, before selecting which one is to take the photo. The devices are then paired by tapping them together, allowing the user to see the proposed shot and trigger its capture from the second phone.
- Two in five wrist-worn wearables now come with NFC
- Apple adds Ultra Wideband communications chip to iPhone 11
- Ahold Delhaize to roll out NFC shelf edge labels in supermarkets across Europe
- NXP explains how NFC and RFID tags can be used to improve the security of blockchain-based supply chain systems
- Bluey Merino to use NFC tags to guarantee the authenticity of its clothing