Fleet management technology provider Geotab has added NFC support to its driver and vehicle tracking platform. NFC Driver ID sees drivers of pooled vehicles issued with an NFC fob which they use to identify themselves to a vehicle’s telematics system so fleet operators can track the activity of both individual drivers and vehicles.
- Liverpool Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing for all home games
- Digital passport for thoroughbred racehorses rolls out in UK and Ireland
- Researchers unveil fabric-friendly NFC sensors that track tags, everyday objects — and people
- Canadian restaurants use NFC to track reusable food containers
- ST and Feig let manufacturers personalise whole pallets of NFC-enabled products in their packaging
This article is more than eight years old