S’oul Kafé in the French town of Pau has introduced a service provided by local tag store NFC-Smartags to allow customers with an NFC phone to connect to its WiFi network and access its online menu. NFC tags attached to each table also enable customers to find out about special promotions and deals of the day.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
This article is more than seven years old