Lenovo has launched an 11.6-inch Windows 8 Ultrabook with NFC. The ThinkPad Helix is a multi-use device designed around a “rip and flip” concept that means it can be used with or without its base, as a tablet or a laptop or as a vertical screen for business presentations and movie viewing. NFC is available “on selected models,” says the company.
- Liverpool Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing for all home games
- Digital passport for thoroughbred racehorses rolls out in UK and Ireland
- Researchers unveil fabric-friendly NFC sensors that track tags, everyday objects — and people
- Canadian restaurants use NFC to track reusable food containers
- ST and Feig let manufacturers personalise whole pallets of NFC-enabled products in their packaging
This article is more than eight years old