A new Android app called FileBeam allows users to transfer files held on the Dropbox cloud storage service between two NFC devices. “Tap on a folder to expand it, select files (and even folders!), and then beam it on another NFC enabled device by tapping on it,” say the developers.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than eight years old