Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than nine years old