Arizona State University (ASU) has scooped the National Association of Campus Card Users (NACCU)’s inaugural Innovative Technology Award for its NFC-based mobile access control pilot. “The award was given to ASU in recognition of the pilot program’s ground-breaking work in validating the use of digital credentials on NFC smartphones for physical access control on a college campus,” says technology provider HID Global.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than nine years old