Arizona State University (ASU) has scooped the National Association of Campus Card Users (NACCU)’s inaugural Innovative Technology Award for its NFC-based mobile access control pilot. “The award was given to ASU in recognition of the pilot program’s ground-breaking work in validating the use of digital credentials on NFC smartphones for physical access control on a college campus,” says technology provider HID Global.
- Apple leverages NFC to deliver exclusive rewards to Apple Watch gym users
- Sicilian farmers use NFC to let consumers verify the authenticity of premium blood oranges
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- NFC Forum releases four new specifications
- Fifteen US universities to add student IDs to Google Pay