Starbucks is now accepting mobile payments from customers in Canada, reports The Globe and Mail. The coffee chain has processed more than 20 million mobile payments since launching its barcode-based payment app in the US in January, and some 65% of Starbucks’ customers in Canada and the US have smartphones.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than nine years old